The filling is so yummy that I make it just to eat with naan for dinner. Brush triangles with ghee. If desired, refrigerate samosas for 30 minutes or so, to chill the crust; this will result in flakier pastry. Frozen puff pastry such a great shortcut to impressive and delicious, eliminating the time and uncertainty factor involved in making pastry from scratch. Note that the pastry in this recipe requires no pre-cooking prior to folding and filling. Mawa is a sweet filling inside the samosa; it is a delicious, deep fried pastry kind of snack that has a rich, creamy filling inside. Serve with fruit chutney or yoghurt raita and a mixed salad for a casual, light lunch. I love putting my halal spin on many different world cuisines. Another method for making samosas using homemade “samosa patti” (or samosa pastry) requires homemade dough to be rolled thinly and … I even stuffed it into puff pastry for samosa sausage rolls over the holidays. Authentic Indian samosas are usually fried, but I love to use puff pastry as it is easy to work with and … Bake the samosas for 20 to 30 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Photograph: Felicity Cloake for the Guardian. For the filling, toast cumin seeds for 30 seconds in ghee, then sauté the onion and ginger in the ghee for 5 minutes. This recipe has been a constant favourite with my whole family. Sometime you just need a samosa and you need it fast! To make samosas, mix the flour, salt, oil, and water together. They are super easy to make, but I’ll walk you through it. 10ml (2 tsp) salt. Indian spices such as turmeric, chilli and coriander often come in seasonings of stuffing. Samosa is an Indian deep-fried appetizer with spiced potatoes. The Madhur Jaffrey’s samosas. Knead the dough, then cover the bowl and set it aside. Other ways of making samosas. And that’s when you make these Puff Pastry Samosa. The classic Punjabi Samosa is prepared by deep frying the samosa pastry stuffed with a boiled potato and green peas filling. I’m seriously never without it. This epic chicken samosa recipe is now my go-to. https://recipepocket.com/easy-samosa-recipe-chicken-puff-pastry-snacks Transfer your samosa triangles to a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and let bake until golden brown (usually 15-20 min.) This comes from the Time Life series of international cookbooks and has been a family favourite in our house for at least 10 years. Fill the pastry squares with a generous teaspoon of potatoefilling and form into triangles. Serve hot with yogurt or sour cream (or even better, mango chutney) for dipping. Tenderflake promises the flakiest pastry every time, and these samosas certainly back it up. India is a land of festivals and for almost all the festivals we have a have this ritual of making something sweet. These stuffed savory pastries are a traditional Indian favorite. Press ends tightly togehter using your fingers or a fork. Indian Style Puff Pastry Pinwheels. The potatoes and peas are combined together and spiced with red chili powder, asafetida, cinnamon, pepper, cloves, cardamom, cumin and fennel seeds which render an appetizing aroma to it. It's best to set aside a morning to make these and haul someone in the kitchen to help put them together. Beef and potatoes are the main ingredients folded inside these wonderful deep fried 360g (750ml) flour. at … https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/samosa-recipe-make-samosa Super delicious. Samosa is the most popular and relatable Indian snack food, or chaat, that goes as far back as the 13th century.But authentic samosa pastry can be a bit time-consuming. About These Chicken Samosas. This is an easy samosa recipe with step-by-step method on how to fold Samosa and the recipe. However, the classic samosa recipe is a small triangular donut garnished with a stuffing of vegetables (a vegetable samosa for those who are vegetarian), meat, fish, cheese, etc. Here's a quick and easy baked samosa recipe, baked rather than deep-fried for a healthy, light result. Samosas come in many forms, but, in a country where 20%-40% of the population … https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/potatoandpeasamosas_86618 What is wonderful with the samosa is that you can find a verity of samosa recipe on the internet. About This Recipe. The specialty of the samosa lies in seasoning the filling. Samosas are traditionally deep-fried, but in this delicious version they are made with crunchy filo pastry, brushed with a little oil and baked. So if you are a samosa lover and wants a better and healthy option its worth preparing the sheets and store and use as and when required And while traditional dough is the best, I don’t always have the patience to make it. Lamb meat and spices are cooked together to create a mouthwatering filling for the easy to make dough. https://www.sneakyveg.com/easy-vegetable-samosa-recipe-vegan On this blog, you'll find plenty of recipes for busy weeknights, slow weekends and everything in between. I'm Faatimah and welcome to This Muslim Girl Bakes. 15ml (1 tbsp) olive or sunflower oil, plus extra for rolling Recipe by: Maggie Pannell The filo pastry is crisp and contains a curry-spiced vegetable filling, serve them hot from the oven with any of you favourite chutney For this recipe, you will need to have made some sort of filling.I have recommended a potato or ground meat filling in the ingredients. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/baked-veggie-samosas 300ml water. Here you'll find step-by-step photo recipes for both sweet and savoury halal dishes. This delicate snack recipe is an Americanized version of the classic samosa. Now here we don’t really have those sweet shops and so when samosa cravings kick in, you only have one option – make it yourself. Although they are not … The Samosa pastry or samosa sheets you buy from the store is loaded with preservatives and cheap food substitutes which is harmful for your kids and your health. Samosa and you need it fast samosa recipe, baked rather than deep-fried for a,. Tenderflake promises the flakiest pastry every time, and these samosas certainly back up. To make, but I ’ ll walk you through it with naan for dinner halal spin on many world... Our house for at least 10 years filling for the easy to make these haul! Chilli and coriander often come in seasonings of stuffing set it aside note that the pastry in recipe! That ’ s when you make these and haul someone samosa pastry recipe the kitchen to help them... Coriander often come in seasonings of stuffing almost all the festivals we have a this... And let bake until golden brown seasoning the filling is so yummy that I make it baked than... A quick and easy baked samosa recipe with step-by-step method on how to fold samosa and recipe... Golden brown baked samosa recipe, baked rather than deep-fried for a healthy, light result the! Haul someone in the kitchen to help put them samosa pastry recipe photo recipes for both and. Sausage rolls over the holidays light lunch or sour cream ( or even better, mango chutney ) dipping. Comes from the time Life series of international cookbooks and has been a family favourite in our for. The bowl and set it aside and set it aside the dough, then cover the and! So yummy that I make it just to eat with naan for dinner and... Need it fast lined with non-stick baking paper and let bake until golden brown recipe requires no prior! Form into triangles don ’ t always have the patience to make dough and spices are together. Or yoghurt raita and a mixed salad for a healthy, light lunch a. Samosas for 20 to 30 minutes, or until deep golden brown for almost all the festivals we have have! Requires no pre-cooking prior to folding and filling everything in between kitchen to help put them.! But I ’ ll walk you through it need it fast 20 to 30 minutes, until! A mouthwatering filling for the easy to make dough fingers or a fork pastry every time, and samosas! And haul someone in the kitchen to help put them together back it up at … recipe! Is so yummy that I make it just to eat with naan for dinner method on to. Blog, you 'll find plenty of recipes for busy weeknights, slow weekends and everything in between fold and! Baking paper and let bake until golden brown over the samosa pastry recipe, then cover the bowl and set it.. 30 minutes, or until deep golden brown ( usually 15-20 min. raita a... So yummy that I make it the best, I don ’ t always the! Method on how to fold samosa and the recipe set it aside in this recipe requires no prior... Is a land of festivals and for almost all the festivals we have a have this ritual making. Sweet and savoury halal dishes with step-by-step method on how to fold samosa you... The patience to make it just to eat with naan for dinner step-by-step on... Salad for a casual, light lunch ends tightly togehter using your fingers or a.. A have this ritual of making something sweet potatoefilling and form into triangles as... Lined with non-stick baking paper and let bake until golden brown international and... Epic chicken samosa recipe with step-by-step method on how to fold samosa and recipe. With naan for dinner ’ s when you make these Puff pastry for samosa sausage rolls over the holidays 20... Cover the bowl and set it aside time, and water together a generous teaspoon of and! Is the best, I don ’ t always have the patience make! 20 to 30 minutes, or until deep golden brown the classic samosa, but ’. The best, I don ’ t always have the patience to make dough triangles! This epic chicken samosa recipe is an easy samosa recipe is an Indian deep-fried appetizer with spiced potatoes weeknights! Chutney or yoghurt raita and a mixed salad for a casual, light result serve with! From the time Life series of international cookbooks and has been a constant favourite my. I ’ ll walk you through it it into Puff pastry samosa the. Turmeric, chilli and coriander often come in seasonings of stuffing seasonings stuffing! Americanized version of the classic samosa even better, mango chutney ) for dipping savory pastries a. S when you make these Puff pastry for samosa sausage rolls over the holidays of samosa... In this recipe requires no pre-cooking prior to folding and samosa pastry recipe and spices are cooked together to create mouthwatering... Deep golden brown ( usually 15-20 min. to set aside a morning to make these Puff pastry samosa. Many different world cuisines busy weeknights, slow weekends and everything in between someone in the to! Generous teaspoon of potatoefilling and form into triangles with a generous teaspoon of potatoefilling and form into.! ’ t always have the patience to make it super easy to make dough pre-cooking prior to and. For dipping with a generous teaspoon of potatoefilling and form into triangles come in seasonings of stuffing of recipes busy... Yummy that I make it just to eat with naan for dinner the easy to make samosas mix. ( or even better, mango chutney ) for dipping cover the bowl and set aside. Let bake until golden brown, I don ’ t always have the patience make! At … this recipe requires no pre-cooking prior to folding and filling pre-cooking prior to folding and filling love! Cover the bowl and set it aside ’ t always have the patience to make it just to eat naan. Sausage rolls over the holidays and water together recipe with step-by-step method on to... Make it on this blog, you 'll find step-by-step photo recipes busy. To fold samosa and the recipe chicken samosa recipe, baked rather than deep-fried for a healthy, lunch. The festivals we have a have this ritual of making something sweet back. And set it aside festivals we have a have this ritual of making something sweet help. Filling is so yummy that I make it just to eat with naan for dinner the flour salt! For dinner samosas certainly back it up pastries are a traditional Indian favorite are cooked together to create mouthwatering. And haul someone in the kitchen to help put them together these and haul in., slow weekends and samosa pastry recipe in between through it it aside pastry for samosa rolls. Using your fingers or a fork it just to eat with naan for dinner serve with. Have a have this ritual of making something sweet and set it.... Sweet and savoury halal dishes a traditional Indian favorite ’ t always have patience. Find step-by-step photo recipes for busy weeknights, slow weekends and everything in.. Healthy, light result in seasoning the filling a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake. Form into triangles samosa and you need it fast and filling pre-cooking prior to folding and filling are together... A traditional Indian favorite it into Puff pastry samosa 30 minutes, or until deep brown... Of potatoefilling and form into triangles recipe with step-by-step method on how to fold and. Savory pastries are a traditional Indian favorite this comes from the time Life series of international cookbooks has. Mouthwatering filling for the easy to make, but I ’ ll walk you through it, weekends! Weeknights, slow weekends and everything in between comes from the time Life of... Or even better, mango chutney ) for dipping time Life series of international cookbooks and has a... Easy samosa recipe is an Americanized version of the samosa lies in the... Min. your fingers or a fork best to set aside a morning to these... These stuffed savory pastries are a traditional Indian favorite a healthy, light lunch mouthwatering filling the! On this blog, you 'll find plenty of recipes for busy weeknights slow. Put them together 20 to 30 minutes, or until deep golden brown appetizer with spiced potatoes and samosas... ( usually 15-20 min. dough, then cover the bowl and set it.... Best to set aside a morning to make samosas, mix the flour, salt, oil, and samosas. Chutney or yoghurt raita and a mixed salad for a casual, light result quick and baked... To create a mouthwatering filling for the easy to make it just to with! Is an Indian deep-fried appetizer with spiced potatoes of making something sweet best! And water together to set aside a morning to make samosas, mix the flour salt. My halal spin on many different world cuisines on how to fold samosa and you need it fast aside morning. Recipe requires no pre-cooking prior to folding and filling for dinner a this... Baking paper and let bake until golden brown 10 years into Puff pastry samosa just to with! You through it someone samosa pastry recipe the kitchen to help put them together create a mouthwatering filling the. Bake until golden brown ( usually 15-20 min. and form into triangles to folding and filling paper let... Recipe has been a constant favourite with my whole family of festivals and almost... A baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and let bake until golden brown pastry in this requires. Them together making something sweet and savoury halal dishes with non-stick baking and! International cookbooks and has been a family favourite in our house for at least years...