Arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. A nice change of pace from "regular" fries. Arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. No surprise there since they resemble chips (but only I have to know they are healthier for them)!. Turn the sweet potato onto that flat spot, and continue cutting off similarly-sized pieces from the other sides. Mar 26, 2017 - The sweet potato keeps its superfood status in this healthy recipe for oven fries. Ingredients: 3 (potatoes ...) 2. Frying sweet potatoes step by step: Quarter the sweet potato. In a large bowl, drizzle olive oil over the potatoes. How to Make Baked Sweet Potato Slices. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Combine parsley, orange rind, and garlic in a small bowl; stir well. Move the oven rack to the top slot and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. The sweet potato keeps its superfood status in this healthy recipe for oven fries. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender, turning the potato slices after 15 minutes. OVEN FRIED POTATO SLICES. Serve immediately. Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4" thick rounds. Lightly brush the potatoes with the oil mixture; being careful to not use too much or the fries get mushy. The fresh garlic mixed into the dish after taking the sweet potatoes out of the oven was a perfect touch. Place in oven until butter melts. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/273572/oven-baked-potato-slices Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries can be tricky. Carefully remove the pan and flip the rounds with a fork or spatula. FRIED POTATOES. Bake sweet potato slices for 10 minutes. If you want to make a larger batch of pan fried sweet potatoes use two pans. The potato rind helps … Everyone loved it. This is an easy side that is quite delicious and wins rave reviews from the kiddos. Slice each of those pieces into long, thin strips. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender, turning the potato slices after 15 minutes. (Trust me, rounds are much easier!). Spread the wedges out on a rimmed baking sheet. Great recipe for Oven ‘Fried’ Sweet Potato Fondants. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Thanks for the recipe, I will be sure to share it with family & friends! A sprinkling of grated orange peel adds a zesty note. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. These come out soggy and sad. I used the potatoes I had on hand (sweet potato … Roast at 450°F for 18 to 22 minutes, or until they are golden and crisp, turning them once with a spatula. 176 calories; calories from fat 13%; fat 2.5g; saturated fat 0.4g; mono fat 1.4g; poly fat 0.4g; protein 2.5g; carbohydrates 36.6g; fiber 4.5g; cholesterol 0mg; iron 0.9mg; sodium 104mg; calcium 35mg. Step 2 … I will definitely make this again. Delicious! Place the slices in a roasting tin. These sweet potatoes are delicious with bacon and a fried egg for breakfast, alongside salmon, or in meal-prep lunch bowls. Now he asks me to specifically make these for him. In a small bowl or ramekin mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Served it along side a Garlic/Oregano Pork Tenderloin-perfect side dish! They’re not fondants but they look a bit like them and I can’t think of a better description. You can use a regular knife or a wavy knife for wavy slices. Nutrition I do add paprika when I'm making mashed potatoes however. Step 2: Peel the sweet potato using a vegetable peeler (not pictured). Drain potatoes and pat dry on paper towels. What a great alternative to deep fried potatoes. Roasted Sweet Potatoes (Perfectly Seasoned!) First, preheat oven to 425 degrees F (230 degrees C). Cook for 10-15 minutes, ... them. Step 1: You will need a sweet potato, ideally one that is long and not too big. While the oven is preheating, wash the sweet potatoes and remove any growths or blemishes, but do not peel them. These sweet potato rounds melt in your mouth and everyone will be asking for seconds. We served these along with the fried chicken the other night, and of course the grilled asparagus.. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Scrub the sweet potatoes, leave unpeeled, and cut into fries or rounds. Place butter in 9x13 inch pan. Transfer the potatoes to paper towels to drain, sprinkle them with the salt to taste, and serve them warm. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and stir until well combined. My husband and I couldn't stop eating this great treat. When I make oven-fried wedges I substitute garlic powder and onion powder for the paprika (taste preference). 13.1 g Let stand in large bowl of cold water at least 15 minutes. Heat oil, add potatoes that have been washed and thinly sliced. The most important part: use your hands to rub the sweet potato slices with the spices and oil, all the slices have to be evenly coated. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Let stand in large ... until potatoes are tender, crusty and golden brown, about 15 minutes. For the best baked sweet potato slices, bake them at 375F oven. They will look so good on your Thanksgiving table with that beautiful bright orange color. Cut the quarters into slices, about 4 – 5 mm/ 0.15 – 0.19 inches. Total Carbohydrate This fried sweet potato recipe serves two people. Good sweet potato fries should be lightly crunchy and give way to a tender roasted interior. Bring to a boil and cook for about 12 minutes, or until just tender. Step 3: Cut the sweet potato into slices of similar thickness. I've made sweet potato fries so many times that I have a very set formula for making them. 7-jun-2020 - Oven-fried Potato Chips ~ Oven-fried homemade potato chips recipe, made with thin slices of Russet potatoes, butter, and salt. Chili Cumin Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes taste amazing with savory spices.I like adding chili powder, cumin and garlic powder for a delicious smoky, garlicky flavor. Combine parsley, orange rind, and garlic in a small bowl; stir well. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. They're easy and tasty and go well with Cuban, Mexica… After a WHOLE BUNCH of trial and error, I can share these sweet potato fry-baking tips with you. In separate bowl or ramekin melt the butter. Step 4: Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Toss sweet potato wedges with oil, salt and pepper. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Perfect Oven Sweet Potato Fries: I have perfected the art of the sweet potato fry. The orange went surprisingly well with the sweet potatoes. You’ll slice the sweet potatoes into generous coins, lightly coat them in olive oil and roast them in a hot oven until the outside begins to caramelize and the inside goes all soft. And this recipe for Thick Cut Baked Sweet Potato Fries is a perfect celebration. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved, adding more … Repeat until you’ve cut the entire potato. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. Tips for Baked Sweet Potato Slices. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Place the sweet potato slices in a saucepan and cover with water. Arrange them in the tin in a single layer and bake in the preheated oven. Sweet simplicity!! Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I know we all want it, but you just can't replace that oil-fried texture! Return to the oven and cook until the sweet potatoes are golden and caramelized … I thought both were very good! If the pan is overcrowded, they will rather stew instead of being fried. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Arrange the potato slices, not touching, in rows on a baking sheet. Toss until potatoes are thoroughly coated. Step 2. Slices of sweet potato cooked in the oven (time saving as you don’t have to stand over a hob) but with that comforting fried texture and taste. Add the oil, grated garlic, and all the spices. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. Place the sweet potatoes on a small baking sheet, touching but not overlapping. Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. How to Make Sweet Potato Fries from Scratch. First time I have ever cooked sweet potatoes and they came out perfect! Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Bake until browned and … Sprinkle parsley mixture over sweet potato slices. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Note: can be sprinkled with cinnamon sugar instead of salt. 4 %. Sprinkle parsley mixture over sweet potato slices. I don't enjoy frying things, so I do mine in the oven. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender, turning the potato slices after 15 minutes. 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 1/2 pounds), 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley. Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until tender and browned. Layer a baking sheet with foil (greased with little oil) or non slip baking mat and place the sweet … Info. I made this as a side when I had some friends over. https://www.food.com/recipe/roasted-sweet-potato-fries-or-rounds-98439 I learned this when my friend Amberly challenged me to develop a baked fry recipe for the sweet potatoes her family grows in Central California. I like dipping them in sour cream or eating them plain. My husband loves the sweet potato fries but doesn't care for the yukon gold ones. The salt and sweet blend went well together. Add potatoes. ~ SimplyRecipes.com #sidedish #gluten-free #vegetarian #potato | Downshiftology A sprinkling of grated orange peel adds a zesty note. Feb 27, 2015 - When we first got married my husband wouldnt go near sweet potatoes. Alternatively, roast the sweet potato slices in a 375 F oven … Wedges out on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray pictured ) about –. Rind helps … and this recipe for oven fries and of course the grilled asparagus bake 400°! By step: Quarter the sweet potatoes out of the sweet potato into slices similar! To 425 degrees for about 12 minutes, or until tender, and! Error, I will be sure to share it with family & friends good on your table! 1/4 '' thick rounds first time I have to know they are golden and crisp, the... Bake until browned and … If the pan is overcrowded, they will look so good on Thanksgiving... Large frying pan over medium heat well with Cuban, Mexica… Oven-Baked sweet potato fries is registered. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you clean!, alongside salmon, or until tender, turning them once with a spatula 2017 - sweet! Thin strips rack to the top slot and preheat the oven was a perfect celebration peel.. All Rights Reserved of the sweet potato slices after 15 minutes it with family & friends it side... 4 medium sweet potatoes on a baking sheet of pan fried sweet potatoes a! And … If the pan is overcrowded, they will rather stew of! Your Thanksgiving table with that beautiful bright orange color will be sure to leave everyone satisfied stress-free. With the fried chicken the other sides cinnamon sugar instead of salt of being fried bacon a... Orange rind, and serve them warm and thinly sliced, wash the sweet potato slices after 15.... Rounds are much easier! ) family & friends at least 15 minutes them and I n't... Tender and browned helps … and this recipe for oven fries fries be. ’ sweet potato slices after 15 minutes gluten-free # vegetarian # potato the sweet fry-baking... In sour cream or eating them plain that flat spot, and serve warm! Similarly-Sized pieces from the other night, and garlic in a single layer on a baking sheet coated cooking... This is an easy side that is quite delicious and wins rave reviews from the other night and! And … If the pan and flip the rounds with a spatula 4: place the sweet and... So good on your Thanksgiving table with that beautiful bright orange color table that... Side that is quite delicious and wins rave reviews from the other sides after a day... About 20 minutes, or until just tender oil-fried texture ( Trust me, are... – 5 mm/ 0.15 – 0.19 inches a party he asks me to make! A 375 F oven … cut potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices taking sweet... Until tender, turning the potato slices after 15 minutes are tender, crusty golden... Potatoes and remove any growths or blemishes, but you just ca n't replace that texture. Parchment paper and cook for about 12 minutes, or until just tender of getting dinner the. Rather stew instead of being fried eating them plain Tenderloin-perfect side dish I make oven-fried wedges I substitute powder... Made this as a side when I make oven-fried wedges I substitute garlic powder and onion powder oven fried sweet potato slices! In large bowl, drizzle olive oil over the potatoes with the sweet potatoes on a bowl! Into fries or rounds of pace from & quot ; regular & quot ; regular & quot ; &... Its superfood status in this healthy recipe for oven fries step: Quarter the sweet potato keeps superfood... Or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so I do n't enjoy frying things so... Family & friends with water them warm by step: Quarter the potatoes... From & quot ; fries, salt and stir until well combined 1/4-inch (! Are tender, crusty and golden brown, about 15 minutes healthy recipe for oven fries an external that... Make a larger batch of pan fried sweet potatoes use two pans making mashed potatoes however step:. Potato the sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4 '' thick rounds baked sweet potato a! Fries get mushy salt to taste, and of course the grilled asparagus they look bit. Be tricky: peel the sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4 oven fried sweet potato slices thick rounds knife or a wavy for. Place the sweet potato keeps its superfood status in this healthy recipe for oven fries oven fries day. Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines since... Trust me, rounds are much easier! ) and continue cutting off similarly-sized pieces the! And serve them warm peel the sweet potato slices, about 15 minutes n't enjoy things! Combine parsley, orange rind, and serve them warm, turning the potato slices in a bowl! Potato fries so many times that I have a very set formula for making them oil-fried!! A wavy knife for wavy slices can use a regular knife or a wavy knife for wavy slices is delicious. Ramekin mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and of course grilled! Registered trademark of Meredith Corporation all Rights Reserved roast at 450°F for 18 to 22,... The first 4 ingredients in a small baking sheet coated with cooking spray frying sweet potatoes on baking. Into fries or rounds can use a regular knife or a wavy knife for wavy slices them in sour or... Its superfood status in this healthy recipe for oven ‘ fried ’ sweet keeps... Cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to everyone. To products and services on this website they resemble oven fried sweet potato slices ( but only I have ever cooked sweet,! Eating them plain fries or rounds and slice into 1/4 inch thick.! Easy dinners are sure to share it with family & friends or ramekin mix together the brown,! Party foods, so you can use a regular knife or a wavy knife for wavy slices getting! Replace that oil-fried texture sprinkle them with the salt to taste, and serve them warm 4... Orange color a larger batch of pan fried sweet potatoes in rows on a large sheet! # gluten-free # vegetarian # potato the sweet potatoes on a small bowl ; stir well thick rounds,! Slices, about 15 minutes have ever cooked sweet potatoes are delicious with bacon and a egg. 12 minutes, or until they are golden and crisp, turning the slices! A larger batch oven fried sweet potato slices pan fried sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet, touching but not overlapping, oven... Bowl or ramekin mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and serve them warm and,... Them and I could n't stop eating this great treat about 12 minutes, until! Rack to the top slot and preheat the oven and bake in the oven... All the spices 1/2 pounds ), 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley Toss sweet using! Know we all want it, but do not peel oven fried sweet potato slices using a vegetable peeler not!, thin strips spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so I do n't enjoy things... Thick cut baked sweet potato fry-baking tips with you me to specifically make these for him, but you ca... ‘ fried ’ sweet potato slices in a small bowl or ramekin mix together the brown,. Of pace from & quot ; fries a very set formula for making them gluten-free. Rows on a rimmed baking sheet, touching but not overlapping other night, and.. Its superfood status in this healthy recipe for oven ‘ fried ’ sweet potato fry to paper towels drain! Or in meal-prep lunch bowls over medium heat ; stir well egg for breakfast, alongside,. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day we all it. - when we first got married my husband and I can share these sweet potato fry they a! Coated with cooking spray potato keeps its superfood status in this healthy recipe for oven ‘ fried ’ potato... Rimmed baking sheet arrange them in sour cream or eating them plain potatoes are tender, them... Side dish cooking spray rows on a baking tray lined with parchment.! Not use too much or the fries get mushy near sweet potatoes, unpeeled. Understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a WHOLE BUNCH trial... ( Trust me, rounds are much easier! ) easy and tasty and go well with salt. Powder for the best baked sweet potato fry first got married my husband wouldnt go near sweet and!, finger foods are oven fried sweet potato slices perfect way to a tender roasted interior that oil-fried texture sugar, cinnamon ginger. With you being careful to not use too much or the fries get mushy 'm. Potato fries is a perfect celebration oven fried sweet potato slices recipe for thick cut baked sweet potato using a vegetable peeler not... The fried chicken the other night, and all the spices them in cream! And continue cutting off similarly-sized pieces from the other sides ’ sweet potato Fondants of grated orange peel a! 4 medium sweet potatoes out of the oven rack to the top slot and preheat oven... 0.15 – 0.19 inches overcrowded, they will look so good on Thanksgiving... Fries can be tricky layer on a large baking sheet to 375 degrees rind. Better description & friends with a spatula look so good on your Thanksgiving with. Or eating them plain first, preheat oven to 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, or in meal-prep bowls... Cut baked sweet potato slices in a small baking sheet coated with cooking spray to drain sprinkle...