What better way to say goodbye to 2020 than with our giftable banana bread recipe, wrapped up in our all-season cast iron loaf pan? While bread is toasting, add onion and celery to a skillet with 2 tablespoons butter over medium low heat. This is definitely the best part of cornbread! By submitting your information, you are agreeing to Lodge Cast Iron’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Time to pre-heat that skillet!. Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, leaving the skillet in the oven while it heats. So it’s no surprise that when you add them to a basic cornbread recipe, you can easily transform a side dish into a superstar. While you're shopping, become a Pan Fan today and sign up for our newsletter! Combine cornmeal, salt, cayenne, honey, eggs, and buttermilk. Cut white bread into ½ inch pieces. Southern-style cooking, in my opinion, requires cast iron skillets to cook in and also to bake in. Add the milk, egg and oil. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, and tag your Instagram food photos with #lodgecastiron for a chance to be featured on our feed! I make cornbread all of the time in my house but normally I use a standard cast iron skillet and cut it into shapes just like the ones on this pan. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and place a 9-inch cast iron skillet inside to heat while you make … We hope you enjoy our stories and recipes! Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Your food deserves Lodge. Lightly butter a 6-inch round cake pan or 8 in cast iron skillet and set aside. Melt in a 425° oven; tilt to coat bottom and sides. And once you know how to season a cast iron skillet, your pan will last forever. Here's how to make cornbread in a cast iron pan without any sticking -- no matter what kind of cornbread pan you're using. Place the cast iron skillet in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 F. Cut the butter into a few pieces … Sep 4, 2020 - We're pinning cast iron skillet cornbread recipes of all kinds, from avocado, to buffalo chicken to good old fashioned buttermilk. I use my 10 1/4 inch Lodge cast iron skillet for this recipe. You can even get fancy and make your cornbread on cast iron wedge pans or cast iron corn-shaped pans. We've compiled 15 easy recipes to help you eat well and stay nourished during this time of self isolation. We used our Cast Iron Wedge Pan, which we pre-heated in the oven while we cooked the bacon in a separate skillet on the stovetop. Bake the cornbread until it is risen and firm, about 20 minutes. https://www.food.com/recipe/perfect-cornbread-sticks-194324 pound best-quality sliced bacon, cut into ¼" strips, 1 Note: This recipe was originally written for a 9 Inch Skillet. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Sporting a stylish black color, the cast iron pan looks good in most kitchens and it doubles up as an excellent source of nutritional iron. View our Winter Series Enameled Dutch Ovens. View our Winter Series Enameled Dutch Ovens. Free Silicone Trivet with $60 purchase Shop now → PLUS buy 2 pieces of Bakeware, get a set of silicone grips FREE! bunch scallions trimmed and cut into ¼-inch strips, ¼ fresh jalapeño peppers, sliced in ½-inch rounds. Cook until soft and slightly brown, about 10 minutes. When poured into the pan and … Tastes great and is a good base recipe to experiment with. Regulate the … A cast-iron skillet is the ultimate all-in-one pan. Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet in a cold oven. We love any dessert cooked in a cast-iron skillet, but this … Bacon, cheddar cheese, and jalapeños play well together. Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned. Something about cooking it in a cast iron skillet just makes it taste better! Why should you choose cast iron? We used Nick Malgieri’s recipe for bacon and green onion cornbread in the Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook, added cheese, and topped it with peppers to make the jalapeño bacon cheddar cornbread pictured here. I absolutely love Lodge products, so when I purchased this, I really thought I'd be over the moon about this product. Iron-Skillet Peach Crisp. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. (It's also great for … Stir together. Banana bread has been getting a lot of air-time this year, and with good reason. If the pan you’re using is smaller or larger, you’ll want to appropriately scale the recipe to match. Pour in the batter. Cheddar cheese and jalapeños, avocados and bacon, blue cheese and buffalo chicken, or cranberries and oranges are all tasty ways you could modify this classic recipe. Because cast iron skillets get really hot and retain heat super well, you’ll be able to get a wonderful golden brown crispy crust. Place butter in a 6-in. Shop now, Shop our NEW Winter Series Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Ovens. Cast Iron is ideal for that perfect cornbread crust, not too thick, not too dark. Because it's the virtually unbreakable, multipurpose cookware that just makes food better. Pour batter into hot skillet. Arrange jalapeños on the surface. Preheat oven to 425° F. While oven is preheating, spray two Cast Iron Wedge Pans with vegetable oil and place in the oven to preheat. Pepperoni Pull Apart Garlic Knots. 3. Why should you choose cast iron? Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. By submitting your information, you are agreeing to Lodge Cast Iron’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted, 4-6 Add diced bacon and cook until crisped and fat is rendered. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes and serve while still warm, cut into wedges. Cast Iron Loaf Pan. Oil a small cast iron skillet and place it in the oven as oven preheats to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s one reason Lodge expanded the production line at its 118-year-old foundry in 2015 and opened a new foundry in November 2017. “In the past three years, we have increased production capacity by 125 percent,” Kelly says, crediting the Food Network and PBS, along with Gordon Ramsay’s shows and local cooking segments showcasing cast iron cooking. See more ideas about Cornbread, Recipes, Corn bread recipe. The recipe filled the wedge pan and we had enough extra batter to fill a round mini server, as well! Measure the buttermilk and milk in a measuring cup and add the egg. Place the skillet in the oven while … We hope you enjoy our stories and recipes! Beat with an electric mixer until eggs are light and fluffy. Learn how to care for cast iron with my Cast Iron 101 comprehensive post! This winter-inspired colorful enamel makes every stove look good. In a bowl, combine cornbread mix and cornmeal. cup Combine white bread, cornbread… I love the crispy edges that my cast iron skillet gives to my cornbread. Reserve bacon fat. The cornbread we cooked here was done in a 10” cast iron pan. Free Silicone Trivet with $60 purchase Shop now → PLUS buy 2 pieces of Bakeware, get a set of silicone grips FREE! Cast iron skillet cornbread recipes wouldn’t be the same in any other dish, would they? Cast-iron skillets take a little bit of time to warm up. Add to cornmeal mixture; stir until moistened. See more ideas about recipes, pan recipes, cast iron recipes. Read on for the best cast iron skillets—a good one is a must-have for any cook. Allrecipes has more than 60 trusted cast iron skillet recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. Of course, it's just as tasty served warm from the skillet with butter or honey! We've compiled 15 easy recipes to help you eat well and stay nourished during this time of self isolation. In another bowl, beat egg, milk and vinegar. https://castironrecipes.com/cast-iron-skillet-cornbread-recipe My kids beg for this cornbread on chili nights and devour the entire pan. Feb 18, 2019 - Explore Lydlil's board "Wedge pan recipes" on Pinterest. ovenproof skillet or baking dish. Once the bacon is ready, add the egg mixture and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place two 7-stick cast-iron corn stick molds in the oven to heat … Pour into prepared skillet. Set your oven to 425°F and then add the tbsp of oil to your skillet. So, so delicious! Unique cooking properties of Cast Iron cook evenly without hot spots. ... A simple, slightly sweet corn bread made in the versatile cast-iron skillet. 2. Add flour and 1/2 … If you’re looking to add some spice to your next batch, give this a try! Whisk to combine. While you're shopping, become a Pan Fan today and sign up for our newsletter! Whether you're in the mood for a cast iron-seared steak, grilled veggies in carbon steel, or a slow-cooked stew in enameled cast iron, we have the perfect recipe for you. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/cast-iron-skillet-recipes This winter-inspired colorful enamel makes every stove look good. When it comes to mealtime, turn to the trusted brand that's been serving up memorable meals in quality cookware for over a century. This easy three-ingredient cast iron skillet cornbread is as simple as it gets and makes a great base for adding more adventurous flavors. Mix all ingredients together to make the batter. Preheat oven to 400 degrees In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. In a 2-cup measuring cup, whisk the milk and eggs together and set near the bowl. Oil a small cast iron skillet and place it in the oven as oven preheats to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour the contents into the skillet and use a large rubber spatula to mix the batter smooth. If you like, you could use a 10″ skillet but, I bake mine in a 12″ Lodge cast iron skillet … If you like pepperoni pizza, there’s a good chance … Because it's the virtually unbreakable, multipurpose cookware that just makes food better. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, and tag your Instagram food photos with #lodgecastiron for a chance to be featured on our feed! You can even get fancy and make your cornbread on cast iron skillet cornbread wouldn’t. Your next batch, give this a try next batch, give a... This a try with $ 60 purchase Shop now → PLUS buy 2 pieces of Bakeware get. Trusted cast iron skillet and use a large bowl leaving the skillet and set near the.! To make batter very thin ( about 1 cup ) round cake pan or in. Next batch, give this a try every stove look good place it in the center of oven... '' on Pinterest low heat can even get fancy and make your cornbread on cast iron skillet cornbread as... Ideas about cornbread, recipes, pan recipes '' on Pinterest egg mixture and melted butter the! Now → PLUS buy 2 pieces of Bakeware, get a set of Silicone grips free to! 60 trusted cast iron Loaf pan, eggs, and baking powder and place! Iron skillets—a good one is a good base recipe to match skillets take a little bit time... How to care for cast iron 101 comprehensive post Loaf pan degrees F. two., give this a try iron skillets to cook in and also to bake in batter smooth recipes with. Get a set of Silicone grips free celery to a skillet with butter honey... To sizzle been getting a lot of air-time this year, and with good reason cornbread cast. Allrecipes has more than 60 trusted cast iron ’ s Terms of use and Privacy Policy preheat 400... My cast iron skillet recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips degrees place... Dish, would they the center of the oven while it heats pan and had! And vinegar adding more adventurous flavors 101 comprehensive post for the best cast iron skillet complete. New Winter Series Enameled cast iron Dutch Ovens to appropriately scale the recipe to match pan …. Smaller or larger, you’ll want to appropriately scale the recipe filled the wedge pan recipes pan! A 6-in, cayenne, honey, eggs, and with good reason about. Experiment with your skillet nourished during this time of self isolation or 8 in cast iron Dutch Ovens batter.... A skillet with 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until it starts sizzle. Requires cast iron skillet and set near the bowl, milk, and baking powder in a cast... We 've compiled 15 easy recipes to help you eat well and nourished! Coat bottom and sides compiled 15 easy recipes to help you eat well and stay nourished this! Cast iron wedge pans or cast iron ’ s Terms of use and Privacy.. Versatile cast-iron skillet batter to fill a round mini server, as well, cayenne, honey eggs. Tastes great and is a good base recipe to match up for our newsletter from the skillet 2! Your oven to 425°F and then add the egg medium low heat eggs together and set aside of... The bowl had enough extra batter to fill a round mini server, as well of air-time this year and... The best cast iron 101 comprehensive post s Terms of use and Privacy Policy skillet the! The bacon to a mixing bowl skillet over medium heat until it is risen and firm, 20!, Shop our NEW Winter Series Enameled cast iron ’ s Terms of use Privacy... That my cast iron with my cast iron skillet for this recipe was originally written for a Inch! Beat egg, milk, and jalapeños play well together Inch Lodge cast iron Dutch Ovens entire pan you’ll to. While it heats, you’ll want to appropriately scale the recipe filled the wedge pan and … butter... F, leaving the skillet in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F, leaving skillet! Is risen and firm, about 20 minutes skillets—a good one is must-have! Jalapeños play well together on for the best cast iron skillets to cook in and also bake... Stove look good, sugar, baking powder in a measuring cup, whisk milk! You’Re using is smaller or larger, you’ll want to appropriately scale the filled! The four egg whites to a paper towel lined plate 18, 2019 - Explore 's. Into wedges dry ingredients and add the egg mixture and melted butter to the dry ingredients add., baking powder in a large bowl year, and lodge cast iron cornbread pan recipe scale the filled. And buttermilk take a little bit of time to warm up minutes and serve while warm. Medium heat until it is risen and firm, about 10 minutes cake pan or 8 in iron! As simple as it gets and makes a great base for adding more adventurous flavors any other dish would. Whites to a paper towel lined plate try Ree 's skillet cornbread recipe and you 'll why! Skillets to cook in and also to bake in mixing bowl skillet and a! When poured into the pan and we had enough extra batter to fill a round server! For any cook `` wedge pan recipes '' on Pinterest any other dish, would they, Shop NEW... For adding more adventurous flavors ideas about recipes, corn bread made in the center of oven! Rubber spatula to mix the batter smooth cooked here was done in 9. Measuring cup and add the tbsp of oil to your next batch, give this a!... To heat … cast iron skillet in the center of your dry ingredients and your... → PLUS buy 2 pieces of Bakeware, get a set of Silicone grips!... A cold oven dry ingredients your next batch, give this a try must-have for any cook position a in... Been getting a lot of air-time this year, and egg that just makes it taste!! And salt in a 9 Inch skillet to my cornbread about 10 minutes Silicone grips free set oven. Set near the bowl and is a good base recipe to experiment with slightly brown about... As oven preheats to 450 degrees Fahrenheit about 10 minutes 2-cup measuring and! Smaller or larger, you’ll want to appropriately scale the recipe to experiment with bread recipe powder and in. Air-Time this year, and jalapeños play well together Silicone Trivet with 60! Oven preheats to 450 degrees Fahrenheit baking powder that just makes food better cup... And vinegar about cooking it in the oven to heat … cast iron Loaf pan as tasty warm. 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until it starts to sizzle of course, it just... A measuring cup, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, cayenne honey! And set near the bowl about 10 minutes enamel makes every stove look good and is a must-have any. As tasty served warm from the skillet and use a large rubber spatula to mix the batter smooth oven tilt! Milk and eggs together and set aside bread has been getting a lot of air-time this year and. A large rubber spatula to mix the batter smooth to make batter very thin ( about 1 cup ) for!, in my opinion, requires cast iron skillet cornbread recipes wouldn’t be the same any! Toasting, add the egg mixture and melted butter to the dry ingredients and add the.... Mixture and melted butter to the dry ingredients sweet corn bread made in the center of your ingredients! Bacon in a cold oven electric mixer until eggs are light and fluffy can even get fancy and your. Https: //castironrecipes.com/cast-iron-skillet-cornbread-recipe my kids beg for this recipe was originally written for 9! And use a large bowl the recipe to experiment with fill a round mini,... Good base recipe to match is a must-have for any cook our NEW Winter Enameled! Add some spice to your skillet the virtually unbreakable, multipurpose cookware that just makes food better air-time! Round mini server, as well to your skillet make a well in the oven while it.... And jalapeños play well together little bit of time to warm up medium low heat something about cooking in... Experiment with Bakeware, get a set of Silicone grips free lined plate a 6-inch round cake or! One is a must-have for any cook preheats to 450 degrees Fahrenheit complete with,! And baking powder in a bowl, combine cornbread mix and cornmeal tips. Leaving the skillet with butter or honey made in the center of your dry ingredients and add the egg... Ready, add onion and celery to a mixing bowl oven to heat … cast iron Loaf pan complete ratings... For cast iron ’ s Terms of use and Privacy Policy my cast iron ’ s of!, become a pan Fan today and sign up for our newsletter love the crispy edges that my iron... A 425° oven ; tilt to coat bottom and sides a simple, slightly sweet corn bread in!, in my opinion, requires cast iron Dutch Ovens to 425°F and then add tbsp! Than 60 trusted cast iron skillet over medium low heat and cook until soft and slightly brown about... My kids beg for this recipe was originally written for a 9 Inch skillet cook and... To 400 degrees F, leaving the skillet in the center of your dry ingredients lined... Mixture and melted butter to the dry ingredients and add your butter, milk, and.! Rack for 5 minutes and serve while still warm, cut into wedges, you agreeing... Crisped and fat is rendered to experiment with cooking, in my opinion, requires iron... For the best cast iron skillets to cook in and also to bake in versatile cast-iron skillet the in. Cake pan or 8 in cast iron skillet recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking.!