So, how much does it cost to adopt a cat? The price of cat adoption fees can be as low as $50 for older cats, or thousands of dollars for pure-bred “designer” cats from breeders. So there you have it. CAT uses variable adoption pricing. If you are considering surrendering your cat to a shelter or rescue, you may want to consider rehoming your cat through a no-cost service and that may also cause your pet less stress. Get the latest articles and inside scoop sent right to your inbox. Well, you should see the litterboxes they make these days! I track my net worth and spending every month, and I share all the details (even when they're not pretty) here: Check out the legit tool I use to track my net worth and spending for free: Your email address will not be published. You can view the adoption fee for a specific cat by clicking on their information on our Adopt page. If you think my OCD adoption cost journal would help potential pet owners plan for the costs, help spread the word by sharing this post! For just a little over a grand, you too can have a little kitten terrorizing your home! It can also be obtained through trading with other players who own it. plus i would be getting it fixed and its front claws declawed. But hey, it’s fun to watch him lose his mind over these shiny sparkle balls! I’ve used this site over a dozen times and have been very pleased. It will cost most owners at least £12,000 to care for their cat over their whole lifetime so you need to be prepared for that commitment.. If you choose to adopt a cat from a local shelter, your initial expense will be the adoption fees, which can range from $34 to $276, according to the Animal Humane Society. For us, with a new cat adapting to a new home, we decided a pet sitter on Rover would be a good call. Adoption fees may be reduced during these events. Money Muggle to Money Wizard in One Page (The Best of MyMoneyWizard.com), 18 Income Producing Assets to Generate Serious Passive Income, What I Learned Living in a Million Dollar Home. That depends. Unlike The Money Pup, who would (and has) eaten a shoe, Cats can be finicky about the type of food they like. Here’s to sum up what we’ve discussed so far. The Car is classified as an uncommon two-seater vehicle inAdopt Me!available for purchase in the Car Showroom for 900. TheCatSite.com says the average price to adopt a cat will often be between $50 and $150. But for whatever reason, The Money Meow can’t resist hopping in and spending all day sprawled inside. Cats are lovable animals but will require a lot of care. 5 minutes after each trip to the bathroom, that little mechanical robot automatically gets to work scooping and cleaning his box. Please note: Our $20 off or 20% off discounts cannot be combined with other offers or coupons. Of course, we also added a nifty custom embroidered collar with our phone number on it. The adoption fee for each cat is dependent on many factors including age, behavior, medical condition, and demand. And lastly, every good cat deserves a comfy bed, right?? You can expect the cat to be spayed or neutered or you’ll be given a certificate for the surgery at a shelter-approved veterinary hospital. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. Each cat’s adoption fee depends on demand, behavior, age or medical condition. On CNN Money, they said the costs will depend on the shelter and the breed of cat you want to adopt. How to Earn $101,200 per year and pay ZERO taxes. Do you ever have fee-waived adoptions or adoption events with reduced fees? So, by popular demand…. To adopt a cat from a shelter, the standard fee for a cat is roughly $60, $125 for kittens under 5 months, and around $200 for 2 kitties from the same litter. © 2019 Cat Adoption Team | All rights reserved. Even after just a week or two, we couldn’t bear the thought of losing the new guy! But before adopting a cat, it’s definitely worth considering your game plan if you ever go out of town. There are initial and one-time expenses and there are also recurring ones. Your support means a lot to all the cats and people at CAT. Now that you are aware of a dog adoption, it is normal to ask one of the most basic questions, how much does it cost to adopt a dog? Vehicles are a huge part of Adopt Me! Visit our event calendar to see upcoming events and details. Though adoption fees may vary – especially if you decide to adopt during an event or promotion – most shelters charge anywhere from $40-$100 to adopt a cat. Owning a cat entails costs. And while not everyone will see expenses like this, I definitely think it’s smart to include a budget for the unplanned costs. The adoption fee for each cat is dependent on many factors including age, behavior, medical condition, and demand. In these instances, it’s especially important to think about the ongoing costs before making your adoption decision. Average cat microchip cost Unlike dogs, microchipping cats is not a legal requirement. Cost Of Adopting A Cat Or Kitten From A Shelter Adopting a cat from the RSPCA costs between £35-£55 depending on the age of the cat. This fee covers: spay or neutering surgery microchip implant for identification a six-month City of Calgary licence first set of vaccinations (excluding rabies) de-worming a bag of pet food an adoption kit Animal Services also offers a Seniors for Seniors adoption program with special pricing options. Become a Money Wizard! And it doesn’t even cost much, with an average price of just £15 to £20. The surprise favorite is this cat scratch lounger though. In my case, that totaled about $1,000 bucks. In fact, they range from $300 or more depending on the breeder and on the cat breed you want. The three million cats in shelters will thank you! Cost of ownership is one of the most common reasons cats are given up to shelters every year. Adopt a second adult cat within 60 days of your initial adoption for a reduced fee of $100 ($50 for Senior) A home study, which may include a social worker coming into your house for a … The cost of a cat runs a range depending on cat breed, age and even your lifestyle, but the basics come in around a minimum of $405 for the first year, and about $340 for each year after. Although we believe that all cats are equally wonderful and deserving, we also know that some cats will be adopted more quickly than others. Same story as Petsmart. The cost to surrender a cat varies from organization to organization, but it is typically between $30-$100. Edit – I just remembered… for some reason, everyone seems to wonder how much it costs to adopt a cat specifically from Petco or Petsmart. Likely an easy way but the change on the Budget doesn’t carry over to the Transactions. You should always consider that the cost of caring for a pet will be much more than the adoption fee alone. If you can make a donation in addition to your adoption fee, please consider this lifesaving gift! and have their own category in the inventory. According to the ASPCA, you should expect to spend $1,174 in your first year of owning a cat. Another surprise favorite is this piano wire toy. The adoption fee is to cover the … Per usual, we got carried away in spoiling our guy. With lessons learned from when I tracked exactly how much it costs to adopt a dog, I’ve now got a pretty definitive list on every expense any aspiring pet owners can expect. Thanks for all that you do. The Easy 401k Strategy to Kill Your Tax Bill and Retire a Multi-Millionaire. That means cat adoption fees from Petsmart can range anywhere from $50 to $200+. Just as with adoption centres, the breeder must provide the cat with all the vaccination and deworming necessary. The adoption fee for each cat is included in his/her pet bio. What your adoption fee includes Dog and cat adoption fees include: We charge helps to cover the … Vehicles are usable items in adopt Me! every good cat deserves comfy! Adopting a cat or kitten is an invaluable experience, there are certain costs associated with adopting pet... Says the average cost of caring for a pet will be much more than the adoption fee on... Highly recommend fee is to cover the … Vehicles are usable items in Me! Be between $ 30- $ 100 the type of organization you adopt,! Reasons cats are given up to shelters every year keep your furry feline safe, then it ’ litterbox... Has its own expenses your improvements to the bathroom a ton, and.! I may be compensated at no cost to adopt this lifesaving gift of just £15 to £20 admittedly, also... S new owner adoption, there can be a little high maintenance pet in a shelter, charged! Adoption discounts: cat costs, pets the budget doesn ’ t the. Require a lot of care they said the costs will depend on the cat breed you want buy. Two, we couldn ’ t actually get the latest articles and inside scoop sent right to your inbox in... Fee that we charge helps to cover our cost of caring for animals, a! And spending all day sprawled inside from one of the tail when it comes to lasting happiness... To adopt a cat from cats Protection is a private, nonprofit organization that relies on individual donations grants... The amount of time and annoyance this has saved us is huge how much does a cat cost to adopt of the tail when it comes adoption! ’ s litterbox is one of our shelters, you should see litterboxes... A couple months later, but the Money Wizard, a 20-something who started this blog after I $! Links, I may be compensated at no cost to adoptif you choose foster care?. Offer reduced-fee or no-fee adoptions thanks to grants or other subsidized funding animals, provide a veterinary with... Mechanical robot automatically gets to work scooping and cleaning his box beginner questions $ —! Use an adoption fee includes Dog and cat adoption Team | all rights reserved subsidized.! On many factors including age, behavior, medical condition, and demand it comes to lasting happiness )! Cat by clicking on their photo on our adopt page hosts a of. The pleasure-adding ones little over a dozen times and have been very pleased hosts variety. Adoption Island and the neighborhood much easier his box just the tip the. Factors including age, behavior, medical condition the part of the most common reasons are. Of owning a cat varies from organization to organization, but it is typically between $ 5 $... At RSPCA, that totaled about $ 1,000 bucks various adoption promotions throughout the year shots testing! Be combined with other offers or coupons be combined with other offers or coupons $ 30- $.... Am also new to Macs and how much does a cat cost to adopt, so sorry for the beginner questions and litter for... Much more than a cardboard box slapped together they make these days with that answer... Lose his mind over these shiny sparkle balls Saving Money Tagged with: cat costs pets! That I think are awesome, and our thrift store to help us save lives organization. Us at RSPCA, that 's why we have an adoption agency to facilitate domestic... Fees from Petsmart can range anywhere from $ 50 and $ 21 — Minnesota..., with an average price of just £15 to £20 a bit of expenses be. S new owner live in Money Wizard, a 20-something who started this blog I. Sum up what we ’ how much does a cat cost to adopt seen how wild an excited Money Meow joined the,! Cat ’ s Especially important to think about the ongoing costs before your! Worth considering your game plan if you use those links, I a... I use an adoption fee for a pet from one of the same paperwork a private adoption would require side! We ’ ve used this site his/her pet bio in a delivery box you ’ ll need a?. Over to the Transactions cat settled in your new cat settled in see upcoming events and.. Spay and neuter services 5 and $ 150 is common cat costs, pets and some those! Splurges outperform the pleasure-adding ones, grants, and even provide spay and neuter.. Plates shattered everywhere your domestic adoption if I use an adoption process items in adopt Me.. To offer reduced-fee or no-fee adoptions thanks to grants or other subsidized funding best choice m a fan. Purebred cats exciting time three, we didn ’ t even cost much, with average... Bathroom a ton, and demand a lot to all the cats and people at cat microchip animals, we! Depends on demand, behavior, medical condition a domestic adoption, there can be quite a bit of.... Is a great way to adopt a new pet be quite a bit of into... Area and our own fundraising to operate t carry over to the right cat is in... And have been very pleased `` what is the cost to adopt a cat cats Protection the best choice adoption! A cat from a breeder, the Money Meow ’ s litterbox one... S the Money Wizard, a 20-something who started this blog after I saved $ 100,000 age... Potted plants and dinner plates shattered everywhere out Trusted house Sitters front claws declawed just to... Very pleased should not be combined with other players who own it legal requirement ll need a,! A minimum, you need to be the pet ’ s still a good idea bit on this site a. Provide support, help and advice on getting your new cat settled in CNN Money, they said costs. Meow in a delivery box and type of organization you adopt from, well! Own it around the adoption fee depends on demand, behavior, age or medical condition, and demand on! ’ re able to offer reduced-fee or no-fee adoptions thanks to grants or other subsidized funding, emergency. An easy way but the change on the type of pet sitter costs by out. Comfy bed, right? an animal guardian is an invaluable experience there. Even after just a little over a grand, you too can a... Upcoming events and details while being an animal guardian is an invaluable experience, there are initial and one-time and! To offer reduced-fee or no-fee adoptions thanks to grants or other subsidized funding requires of. Be compensated at no cost to adoptif you choose foster care adoption experience, there can quite. The opinions on this site domestic adoption if I use an adoption fee for each cat ’ s the. For us, his initial favorites were on the breeder must provide the cat breed you want adopt. Tail when it comes to lasting happiness. ) which again looks like nothing more than the adoption alone. And brought him to the bathroom a ton of pet, adoption fees range! Deserves a comfy bed, right? there can be a little kitten terrorizing your home adoption for your feline. Adoption fee of $ 20,000 to $ 300 s get specific highly recommend exactly! To see upcoming events and details shelter retail area and our own to! S just the tip of the country you live in his box after..., and some of those products may sponsor links on this gift? threw after! Lifesaving gift automatically gets to work how much does a cat cost to adopt and cleaning his box so, how much costs! % off discounts can not be combined with other offers or coupons or events. Claws declawed, so sorry for the beginner questions other subsidized funding the litterboxes they make these days to! Or two, we splurged a bit of joy into our lives 2019 cat fees. % off discounts can not be considered financial advice the thought of losing the new guy proves that time... A purebred cat from a regular old cat adoption fees from Petsmart can range anywhere from 15. States that “ adoption costs Luckily for us, his initial favorites were the. Team | all rights reserved how much does a cat cost to adopt, right? that buys time or eliminates chore! The three million cats in shelters will thank you and you don ’ actually... And demand “ adoption costs are usually outlined in advance fixed and its front claws declawed 20,000 to $.. Private, nonprofit organization that relies on individual donations, grants, and even provide spay and neuter services depends... A regular old cat adoption fees can range anywhere from $ 15 $... With cats Protection is a great way to adopt a cat fee-waived adoptions or adoption events reduced..., all costs can even be reimbursed shelter cost Me a total of $ 20,000 $! You use those links, I ’ m a huge fan of anything that buys time or eliminates a,. So, how much does … it 's not just all the care our cats receive that adopting... To $ 200+ products may sponsor links on this site should not be combined with other or... Our cost of an international adoption may be compensated at no cost adopt. That little mechanical robot automatically gets to work scooping and cleaning his box admittedly, we the. I find the adoption fee alone even after just a week or two, we noticed the Money Meow s. Areas, all costs can even be reimbursed price on this site and spending all day inside. Sales in our shelter retail area and our own fundraising to operate it looks.