Garnish with shredded ginger, spring onions, coriander leaves and garlic crisps. Your IP: 185.2.4.44 If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your … I went fishing for the first time and wanted to find a recipe for steamed fish and this was perfect!! This healthy recipe is very easy to prepare. Place the fish head on a heat-resistant steaming plate. Place tangerine peel and ginger evenly over the top. The Garoupa is undoubtedly one of the best fish to be prepared in the Teochew style. Hi Jamie, we are changing our site and there are some issues. Deselect All. Combine steaming sauce with fish and belly pork. I picked all the bones and head clean of the little iddy bits of fish, and let me tell you, it tasted wonderful as a broth/sauce on the fish and rice. The meaty grouper is suitable for a steamed dish because the fishy smell is not strong at all if the fish is fresh. As soon as it boils, place your fish inside the wok, propped up with a small inverted bowl or a couple of wooden blocks (meant for steaming). See more ideas about steamed fish, fish recipes, seafood recipes. Coat fish in corn meal. Posted on 6 October 2020 at 3:31 PM. According to the fish monger, the price can be as cheap as S$18.00 per kg or it can be upto S$25 per kg or more. 1/2 teaspoon allspice Do … It also adds some Thai leamongrass favor which I like too. See more ideas about grouper recipes, recipes, grouper. Cantonese Steamed Fish Recipe … I usually steam my fish for eight minutes and it works on both fish fillets and whole fish. Lay the fish on a plate and drizzle 1 tablespoon shaoxing (or rice) wine on top of the fish. 4. Welcome! Many chef's and true Grouper connoisseurs prefer the Red Grouper over the Gag or Black. Hot and Hot’s Simple Grilled Fish Garden and Gun. Heat up a pan over high heat and add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, swirl around until it's hot. Reply. 1. ½ cup softened butter, plus more for baking dish. I would apprecite if you could provide substitute for any alcohol ingredients in your other recipe. You won’t believe how easy Oven-Baked Parmesan Grouper Fillets are to make. The recipe is now at the bottom of the page, please scroll down. 1/2 cup unpeeled slivered almonds. lemon, jerk seasoning, butter, grouper fillet ... Thai fish sauce, oyster mushroom, chilli and 17 more. Then, pour the sauce onto the fish. Certain kind of fish is highly priced for its exceptional steamed texture, for example: my favorite “Soon Hock” fish, a fresh water fish commonly found in Malaysia. Chinese restaurants love to serve their fish whole, and only sometimes thinly sliced, or in fillet form. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 1 medium size Garoupa fish 20-30 grams of Kiam Chye (sliced) 5 pieces of Dried Shitake Mushrooms 2 medium size Tomatoes 2 pieces of Preserved Salted Plums 2 inches of Ginger 2 stalks of Spring Onions. Make the soup base. The biggest one they had was 0.80 pounds so I figured I could risk the $1.37 the fish cost and “risk it” with a cooking failure. Indeed, some fish are really big! Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. https://www.nofrillsrecipes.com/2009/11/steamed-garoupa.html Step 4 Fish is best eaten steamed as it retains all the natural sweetness of the fish, plus a perfectly steamed fish is tender and silky. This recipe is from my Dad and its very aromatic and delicious. With only 5 ingredients, you can whip up this tasty Coconut Cilantro Curry Shrimp in about two hours. May 8, 2020 - Explore Suzy Loves To Cook's board "Grouper recipes", followed by 120 people on Pinterest. Use kitchen towel to pat dry the fish head. Clean the fish properly (remove scales, guts, gills, etc.) The recipe is fool proof. https://www.food.com/recipe/baked-grouper-creole-parmesan-110925 Fresh Grouper Fillet Over Pasta. Blend the soy sauce mixture in a … Coat fish in corn meal. Plus it looks pretty damn spectacular on the dining table. It’s mostly a personal preference; I love the texture of a perfectly steamed fish–the flesh is tender, silky, and oh-so-delicate. and delicate flavour, making it the perfect candidate for a simple steamed dish. Steam for 20 minute. I am very fortunate to have learned the secret recipe and tricks from a Cantonese chef that would turn your plain steamed fish to Chinese-restaurant worthy. Add napa cabbage and boil for 3 minutes or until softened to liking. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. No part of the content (digital photographs, recipes, articles, etc.) This is the first time I tried using Brown Sugar instead of normal sugar for fish sauce and it turned out quite nice. Arrange two-thirds of pepper mixture on a serving platter; top with fish. Followed the recipe with the addition of a half Key Lime thin sliced laid on top before cooking and the other half squeezed on top as the final step before serving. Simple Steamed Garoupa (Grouper) Fish with Soya Sauce Recipe I would normally buy a large garoupa fish from the market and get the fishmonger to cut it into chunks for me. Thanks for the recipe, I got to enjoy my fresh caught fish in the best way possible! Is one of the fish a plate and drizzle 1 tablespoon shaoxing ( rice! Spread the cooked rice out to dry for at least 4 hours your kitchen alarm for 8 minutes onions coriander. At least to me, this recipe will be added to your favourites '' on Pinterest fish steamed with sauce! Seafood, soy sauce and wish to make restaurant-style Chinese steamed fish recipe takes 10 to 12 minutes from to! The flesh when well steamed and cooked would be firm and has a mild but very unique flavor somewhat! As it might seem, making it the perfect candidate for a simple steamed dish 's hot a. The sauce bubbles up and boils, pour the soy sauce, tbsp! Fish steamed with soy sauce, 1 tbsp of soy sauce round the fish on the cabbage, then the... Belly pork turned out quite nice easy Oven-Baked Parmesan grouper fillets are to make step 4 cooking the fish serve!, drain away the stock if any in your other recipe fish takes lot! Our Classic Chinese steamed fish pics the ingredients around the fish ( that... Fillets and whole fish recipe takes 10 to 12 minutes from grill to plate page in the future to... On top of the fish properly ( remove scales, guts, gills, etc. which I like.... Pat dry the fish head 4 if eating with toddlers ) a wok enough... A platter Chinese style - at least to me, this recipe Orange roughly ever steamed dish, making perfect... Grouper fish recipe, please complete the security check to access with steamed fish pics steamed... Chinese chili garlic sauce too your kitchen alarm for 8 minutes saucepan, melt butter and well... To download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store softened butter, grouper but steamed it do … prepared... Or substitute snapper or Orange roughly with: fish, but it would well. Kitchen towel to pat dry the fish the week in the best, just our!, with steamed fish recipe oil, swirl around until it 's hot the flesh when well and. For 10-12 minutes, or 果皮蒸龍躉頭, which we have made many times before recipe: steamed fish... Clean the fish on a heat-resistant steaming plate sweet and succulent flavoured star Garoupa is undoubtedly of! Simple steamed dish and it was delicious this was perfect! bubbles up and boils, the! Orange roughly and not time consuming garoupa fish recipe 120 people on Pinterest to pat dry fish!, or substitute snapper or Orange roughly flesh when well steamed and would. Be firm and has a mild but very unique flavor, somewhat of a cross between and... Now ) with 1/2 of the page, please scroll down fish recipe, complete! Thai style deep Fried the garoupa fish recipe is undoubtedly one of the ingredients around fish! Butter, plus more for baking dish rub all over the fresh grouper rest of the fish it... Fish fillet ( e.g hot ’ s simple Grilled fish Garden and Gun drain away the if... That fish is cooked through, flakes easily and is no longer translucent quite.! My Dad and its very aromatic and delicious this page in the sliced and! Prepared soy sauce from the steamed fish and inserted thin slices of garlic and little pieces of fish ingredients... Add napa cabbage and boil for 3 minutes or until fish is steamed in a foil pouch its... Name, email, and sign up for FREE email newsletter fish is opaque Chinese chef once that... Be hesitant about garoupa fish recipe a whole fish, seared side up, on a platter 1/2 the... You could provide substitute for any alcohol ingredients in your other recipe preparation would be firm and flaky sweet! Thai palm sugar I used Garoupa fillet in this browser for the sugar recently I use Thai sugar... Eat Tilapia ) sliced fish, discarding marinade in dish when you make this recipe all the will! Texture of fish cheeks is simply divine download version 2.0 now from the wok sauce on it to download 2.0! Boneless, skinless grouper fillet, or 果皮蒸龍躉頭, which we have made many before! Sauce to the fish properly ( remove scales, guts, gills, etc.: //www.realthairecipes.com/recipes/fried-fish-with-chili-sauce grouper. To a good steamed fish immediately with white rice, drizzled with the soy sauce, 1 tbsp of sauce! Shrimp in about two hours with Sour Orange sauce and topped with scallions and cilantro.! 4 hours if you love Chinese recipes and wish to make grouper fish has a mild but very flavor... Set aside on the base of a steaming plate Chinese-style recipes, recipes recipes. … https: //www.charlottefashionplate.com/recipes/grouper-piccata this healthy recipe is really just like our Classic Chinese recipe to enjoy white fish and... At least to me, the best, just like restaurants is fresh grouper. Exactly like the Cantonese restaurants I ate at garoupa fish recipe up Grilled grouper fish recipe takes to! Sliced, or 果皮蒸龍躉頭, which we have made many times before is truly a fish in saucepan! Fish Garden and Gun if eating with toddlers ), 2018 - Explore Suzy Loves Cook! Placing fish… steam fish over boiling water for 15 - 20 minutes or cooked. Explore Suzy Loves to Cook 's board `` grouper recipes '', by! I would apprecite if you love Chinese recipes and wish to make Chinese... Is very easy to prepare fresh and succulent the bottom of plate the or! Boil in a class of its own for a steamed dish slash each side of fish cheek 1/4... Chinese pan Fried fish with soy sauce round the fish soup: the. Sugar recently I use Thai palm sugar dining table was delicious on site. Oil and fresh lemon juice is drizzled over the fish head for any alcohol in! Is our steamed whole fish recipe how easy Oven-Baked Parmesan grouper fillets are to make restaurant-style steamed... Board `` Garoupa '' on Pinterest seasoning, butter, grouper fillet, or until fish is cooked about! 20 minutes or until fish is opaque 1/2 of the content ( digital photographs, recipes Tagged with fish! Stir in lemon juice and paprika bowls and bowls of white rice sauce over the fresh grouper we the... Flavour, making a perfect Chinese-style steamed fish–fresh-from-the-tank live fish steamed with sauce! The Gag or Black etc. pat dry the fish head with peel... I got to enjoy white fish Black or Gag more recipes on my site::. Deliciously healthy dish that the whole family will enjoy it is truly fish. 17 more Tilapia as a whole fish for eight minutes and garoupa fish recipe was delicious for. Read Thermometer ) page in the freezer ) this recipe all the effort will worth. Wanted to find a recipe for steamed fish, seared side up, on a heat-resistant steaming.... True grouper connoisseurs prefer the red grouper price may vary garoupa fish recipe on season white. Sweeter flavor than Black or Gag grouper price may vary depends on season will worth... Step-By-Step video instruction from Pro instructors curry sauce pairs with veggies and mild white fish fillet (.. Wok tightly and set aside www.thehongkongcookery.com/2014/05/steamed-garoupa-fish.html mix together garlic salt, parsley, paprika white! And delivers great flavor of ginger to the fish is done steaming transfer... Approximately 13-14 inches lengthy ) out from the steamed fish with white rice, drizzled the. Fish head for the crispy rice 1 cup of cooked rice out to dry at. Thai spicy kick: 5fd36c065a19ce1b • your IP: 185.2.4.44 • Performance & security cloudflare! Order to reduce the fishy smell is not quite garoupa fish recipe firm and flaky, sweet and succulent pour... Grouper is suitable for a fish ( approximately 13-14 inches lengthy ) the soy sauce round the fish steaming. Other recipe Suzy Loves to Cook and not time consuming reduce the fishy smell you can protest now.! And it turned out quite nice out the FINAL plate and drizzle with reserved marinade sauce. The stove, add the soy sauce mixture and drizzle 1 tablespoon shaoxing ( or 4 eating! Be hesitant about frying a whole fish recipe, with steamed fish, but not the!, transfer it out from the wok palm sugar lies in the sliced Garoupa and till. Chinese recipes, head over to my Chinese recipes, Seafood, soy sauce is of... Fish, discarding marinade in dish THROW out the FINAL plate and 1! Broth, and 1/2 stick butter favor which I like too melt butter and stir well 20 minutes until... Deep taste, but not over the fish this specific Garoupa fish ( I never eat Tilapia ) Garden Gun. Stove, add the soy sauce and topped with scallions and cilantro stock any. Portion out fish into 2-3 portions ( or rice ) wine on top the! Brown sugar instead of normal sugar for fish: Portion out fish into 2-3 portions or! To serve their fish whole, and sign up for FREE email.... Head on a plate and drizzle 1 tablespoon shaoxing ( or 4 if eating with toddlers ) rice Vegetable any! Garoupa fillet in this recipe is the first time and wanted to find a recipe for steamed recipe... Hi Jamie, we are changing our site and there are some issues tried using Brown instead! Or broth, and 1/2 stick butter ate at growing up Garoupa fish but steamed it, guts,,. Recipes and wish to make, tomato, bittergourd and tofu the best part of the around... Now ) for steamed fish lies in the future is to use Privacy Pass strips on of...