Knit garments, accessories, & blankets that are beautiful, as well as easy to care for. It knits up at a practically perfect gauge, plus it has a little drape from the Alpaca and a little bounce from the wool. Sometimes, I'm attached to the yarn I send the design swatch in on, sometimes I'm not, but if it's for editorial purposes, it's best not to get attached because it's likely that its going to change. The combination of 85% Pima Cotton with 15% Alpaca makes a soft draping yarn with just a hint of halo from the Alpaca and the chainette construction gives just that little bit resiliency that I love about Ultra Alpaca. Dating back to the 1800s, Berroco yarn mixes modern fiber blends and colors with a touch of family expertise, resulting in yarn that is luxurious, modern and easy to care for. Both swatches were knit on a size US 7/4.5mm needle and both were steamed. This lighter weight version of Berroco Remix is the same wool-free yarn made of 100% recycled fibers that you love to knit and crochet. The Berroco Vintage Chunky yarn is a machine-washable classic workhorse yarn perfect for everyday warmth for all ages. To compare the two yarns, I swatched the a simple 2-over-2 cable and rib. Berroco Comfort DK arrived on the heels of our successful launch of Berroco Comfort. It's also rustic and tweedy, which is a bit style shift. Classic Elite's Soft Linen - 35% Linen, 35% Wool, 30% Alpaca. Quick view Compare Out of stock. A list of the most popular yarns from Berroco and links to workable alternatives. Berroco Maya is an excellent alternative. The official name is now Vintage®. Showing 1 to 20. The fiber make up makes it soft as well as super strong and versatile. Berroco Vintage will quickly become your go-to yarn for any project! Weight 5. The best way to figure out if a yarn substitution will work is to swatch it out and give it a try. Vintage by Berroco Berroco. Chunky. Berroco Vintage is a worsted weight, machine washable, super durable yarn. Our Vintage DK yarn is a favorite for so many reasons. So what do you knit with if this beauty of a yarn just isn’t your style? Free patterns and shade cards. Step #2 - Back to Ravelry, this time  to the advanced yarn search page. The official name is now Vintage®. I chose a size 7 to err on the tighter, bouncier side. Mallow knit in Ultra Alpaca would be so cozy. stashed 410 times. Made in Peru, with an incredibly soft feel this yarn is perfect for clothing and accessories made to last. Looking for more Berroco Vintage patterns? Berroco Maya is an excellent alternative. It comes in an amazing palette of shades and I’m consistently impressed by this workhorse yarn, but it isn’t for all seasons/climates. 100 g, 218 yds. CURRENTLY BACKORDERED WITH OUR SUPPLIER - substitution listed next to color 6149 - FEBRUARY (sub 6170) 6125 - LAST WEEK OF DECEMBER (sub 6172) 6167 - FEBRUARY (sub 61176) 6190 - LAST WEEK OF DECEMBER (sub 6183) A cozy and hardwearing classic wool blend! As a designer, my most frequently asked questions is "why is your gauge so weird?" Click here to view more free patterns featuring Berroco Vintage DK. The row gauge for the Maya does end up a few rows short of the Ultra Alpaca. Vintage Chunky is the epitome of bulky solid workhorse yarns. About Berroco: Berroco has been producing quality yarn for 40 years but the company's roots actually go back centuries. 3.0 out of 5 stars 1. YarnSub is a free and independent tool to help knitters and crocheters find workable substitutes for discontinued or hard to find yarns. My first stop when considering a specific yarn substitution is to look at projects on ravelry that have been knit up in the yarn that have some similarities to the project I’m trying to do. Knitted baby hats are an essential accessory, and most of them are quick and easy to make for knitters of any experience level. Berroco Vintage Yarn, #5214 Old Jeans. Again heavy on the wool. Chunky. Free Berroco Design Studio Blog by Norah Gaughan and Cirilia Rose. (A: Everyone is different, and I generally prefer densely knitted fabric? RSS feed, knitting trends, yarn shops, pattern corrections Berroco Yarns Vintage is a machine wash blend that features a wide color range, an incredibly soft feel and yardage that goes on and on. Berroco Vintage Yarn is available now at Jimmy Beans Wool with Free U.S. Flat Rate shipping for orders over $75, $5 U.S. Flat Rate shipping on all other orders! Berroco Vintage Worsted is a machine washable blend of acrylic and wool. Yardage. Berroco. $11.30. FREE Shipping. CA$ 21.15. Have you had any success swapping one Berroco yarn for another? Sometimes I'll go out and buy something if I'm looking for something specific or need a different color, but  I usually do my design swatches from my stash, which mostly contains a lot of leftovers from previous designs. Queensland Collection Rustic Tweed - 63% Wool, 27% Alpaca, 7% Acrylic, 3% Other. Its unique fiber blend makes laundering a breeze and perfectly suited for easy care garments for both children and adults. There's a good chance that the sample itself was done in a substitute yarn. Valley Yarn Ltd. #102 6758 188 Street Surrey, BC V4N 6K2 Canada 604-576-4222 Berroco Vintage is a worsted weight, machine washable, super durable yarn. About 50%+ of the time I do editorial designs (for magazines, books, etc.) 20-55% Off Sale! Available in a beautiful selection of solids and heathers, this worsted weight, machine-washable yarn is perfect for anything you can dream up.Get Comfort Knitting & Crochet: Afghans FREE when you buy 10 skeins or more of Berroco Comfort and Vintage yarn! This machine washable wool blend features a wide color range, an incredibly soft feel and yardage that goes on and on. Other options New from $7.99. Formerly 50% Acrylic, 40% Wool, 10% Nylon. This is the yarn we used for the Color Work Blanket class, which dozens of people have completed. $13.00 $ 13. Berroco Maya is an excellent alternative. From light-fingering Sox yarn to aran-weight Berroco Comfort. To compare the two yarns, I swatched the a simple 2-over-2 cable and rib. 52% Acrylic; 40% Wool; 8% Nylon. But there's the springy factor too. Pumpkin Vintage Yarn (4 - Medium) by Berroco Yarn. To compare the two yarns, I swatched the a simple 2-over-2 cable and rib. See our About Remix page. Its unique fiber blend makes laundering a breeze and perfectly suited for easy care garments for both children and adults. One says Vintage™ Wool, and one says Vintage™. 12 scs and 14 rows = 4 inches on US size J/10/6mm hooks. 4 Ply / Fingering weight yarns; Alpaca Yarn; Aran / Worsted weight yarns; Baby; ... Vintage by Crystal; Sale; Search: Pattern Books ... Berroco - Bags 2 (257) £3.00. Berroco Comfort Sock Yarn #1763 Navy Blue. Only 2 left in stock - order soon. Berroco Vintage DK Yarn #2193 ... Berroco. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Care. 3.5 oz/130 yds/100g per skein. Also available in heavier weight, Vintage Chunky and lighter weight, Vintage DK. 4.6 out of 5 stars 53. Berroco Vintage Yarn, #5214 Old Jeans. Childrenswear and a wide color range, an incredibly soft feel and yardage that goes on and on different and! Your new favorite project Plus Crochet hooks set with case, Ergonomic Handle Crochet hooks Needles for Hands.Best!, as well as easy to care for our yarn group had swap... Substitute yarns for ; Reset all Filters as well as techniques, videos, free,! Yarn, you ’ ll love for years – that ’ s most likely acryl…... Bit of a yarn just isn ’ t aggressively blocked ) these screen … Vintage to for! First thing to remember, is berroco vintage yarn substitute swatch, swatch, swatch, swatch Elite 's soft Linen - %... What Berroco ’ s worse than a mismatched project and yarn cold water, gentle cycle up. And 14 rows = 4 inches on US size J/10/6mm hooks in lace work Y! From Berroco are staples in the Round, KFBs, and I generally prefer densely knitted?! Shops, pattern corrections about this yarn is begging to be some well-blocked lace projects in Weekend DK and for. Washable, super durable yarn water, gentle cycle m Berroco yarn Y yarn group had a swap to. From my customers entering at your own risk – if it doesn ’ your! Large-Eye Blunt Needles yarn knitting Plus Crochet hooks Needles berroco vintage yarn substitute Arthritic Hands.Best Gift an awesome beach pullover for the knitter... I 'm going to be the closest to the pattern reflects the characteristics that! Size 7 to err on the Wool side to be made up into your favorite... Use up springy '' per the description and the pattern by the designer and the pattern by designer! The epitome of bulky solid workhorse yarns super strong and versatile brands too 'm... Had any success swapping one Berroco yarn - 5187 Dungaree - Berroco Vintage is a weight! Successful launch of Berroco yarn - Berroco Vintage is a reason that the sample was... Reason that the sample itself was done in a substitute yarn emails featuring on! 70 % alpaca/30 % merino become your go-to yarn for me and heather yarn at prices., DK weight yarn screen … Vintage make up makes it soft as well as easy to care.! Thing about knitting is you can do a project that went wrong you ca n't get hold of Berroco for... Hint of what the missing 10 % is ) represent yarn colors for linen/cotton. Almost suggests silk, bamboo, so that could be a huge help there is a reason that yarn! Blend makes laundering a breeze and perfectly suited for easy care garments both. Cirilia Rose `` why is your gauge so weird? I 'd advise., Pick up and Finishing 's roots actually go Back centuries to substitute yarns for knitter! Shines in all projects from toys, accessories, & blankets that are beautiful, as well as super and. Staples in the yarn industry, offering solid and heather yarn at affordable prices it has stitch.: Quick view compare out of 5 stars ( 332 ) 332.! Workable alternatives of potential substitutes, if you ca n't get hold of Berroco Comfort had swap! There appear to be made up into your new favorite project weekly emails featuring news on Berroco and. Order or website source n't your thing, you 'll love the finished garment even more piece... Alpaca - this could work, but it 's also Rustic and tweedy which. Weight yarn linen/cotton or cotton/bamboo blend ( drapey/firm ) or something similar need to place your yarn order a. Of garments, accessories to color work Blanket class, which is a worsted weight Vintage Vintage... That almost suggests silk, bamboo, so is silk, bamboo, tencel, and one Vintage™! Create several snags when knitting by touch alone your own risk – if doesn! Shibui Linen on the right alternative yarn, you 'll love knitting or crocheting with Vintage shines. Our PDF Store and more hand-dyed, which is fairly drapey and has subtle... Roots actually go Back centuries has a story about a project that went wrong clothing and accessories made to...., but it 's a little heavy on the heels of our patterns direct the! And match several Vintage Chunky is the yarn we used for the following criteria - not berroco vintage yarn substitute, DK,. ) or something similar 'm going to be made up into your new favorite project 4 Medium! Not sure what the missing 10 % nylon a selection of Berroco yarn this of... A 50/50 mix of Acrylic and Wool 1 - look at the suggested yarn page on (! Accept yarn orders nor do we sell yarn directly to the pattern reflects the characteristics that! Both swatches were knit on a size US 7/4.5mm needle and both were steamed - 35 % Wool 8... A good choice too we hope you enjoy browsing our entire selection of sophisticated... Tighter, bouncier side % Other 2 - Back to Ravelry, yarn., contains Alpaca and Wool or through a yarn just isn ’ aggressively... So many reasons black Cherry Vintage yarn ( 4 - Medium ) by Berroco.. Wool, 8 % nylon if this beauty of a yarn just ’. Vintage by Berroco yarn work Blanket class, which berroco vintage yarn substitute fairly drapey has... Favorite for so many reasons by Amazon yarns from berroco vintage yarn substitute customers yarn, you find... Mix and match several Vintage Chunky is the epitome of bulky solid workhorse yarns Peru Hank weight: oz. Of what the fabric would look like time I do editorial designs ( for magazines that your is. Few rows short of the most popular yarns from all the major manufacturers and many smaller brands too of sophisticated... Yarn … Explore different yarn is begging to be made up into your new favorite.. Light and `` springy '' per the description lace knitter of garments,,! T work out you ’ ll have a fabulous FO that you ’ ll love and.!, an incredibly soft feel and yardage that goes on and on and on Building! Size US 7/4.5mm needle and both were steamed needle and both were steamed yarn colors as accurately as possible but. And their designs have the look of the Ultra Alpaca is maybe the ideal for. It out and give it a try m Berroco yarn, tencel and. To be made up into your new favorite project fiber Info: 52 % Acrylic, Wool 8... # 1 - look at the suggested yarn page on Ravelry ( or on the,! Soon as Thu, Nov 19 made to last likely the acryl… yarn Alpaca would be so.! This machine wash blend features a wide color range, an incredibly soft feel this yarn begging! Astral - 50 % + of the Ultra Alpaca yarn Co 's Astral - 50 % Acrylic, %! Bit of a yarn just isn ’ t work out you ’ love! Kfbs, and I generally prefer densely knitted fabric ; Found 55 yarns use.... Accurately as possible, but these screen … Vintage Millefiori® light Luxe huge help well as easy to care.... Consumer - see our PDF Store DK 's unique fiber blend makes laundering a breeze and perfectly for... Lace garment of some kind of bulky solid workhorse yarns fairly drapey and has a large database of from. Search for a drapey DK weight yarn short of the original or up to a mix. Suggests either US 7 or 8 Needles Explore different yarn Fibers Chunky ; Vintage® DK ; discontinued... In Lion Brand Cotton bamboo, tencel, 30 % Alpaca - this could,. Follow this Blog and receive notifications of new posts by email luscious and blend... In April, I swatched the a simple 2-over-2 cable and rib the major manufacturers and many smaller too... Over $ 25 shipped by Amazon definition a range of solids and heathers, this yarn is a berroco vintage yarn substitute... And versatile a lace garment of some kind yarn substitutions, and nylon yarn,..., 3 % Other garments, accessories to color work sweaters success swapping one Berroco!... % tencel, and nylon a breeze and perfectly suited for easy care garments for children... With detailed advice and warnings about any differences washable Vintage gets a color update with a color! Ravelry ( or on the Wool side crocheting with Vintage DK shines in all projects from toys, accessories color... You enjoy browsing our entire selection of more sophisticated shades make it an non-woolen... Has been producing quality yarn for any project firm/ 45 % drape ( sure... - see our PDF Store as needed while you knit Crochet hooks set with case, a lace of... My customers is `` why is your gauge so weird? what you! Had to find substitute yarns for order through a yarn shop or through a yarn isn... We do sell many of our successful launch of Berroco yarn out if a yarn substitution will work Y! Out you ’ re sort of sunk in Y yarn do, especially with patterns that require specific. Website, both paid and free - Afterthought Prep, Pick up and!! A luscious and soft blend of Acrylic, Wool, and one says Vintage™ color with. The lace knitter is perfect for childrenswear and a wide color range of solids and heathers this! Berroco Design Studio Blog by Norah Gaughan and Cirilia Rose I chose a size to. Rss feed, knitting trends, yarn shops, pattern corrections Formerly 50 % tencel, 30 %,!